MSD 6M-2L Marine Ignition with Rev Limiter
- Designed for performance marine applications
- Weathertight connector with multi-ribbed seal for reliable connection unaffected by water, oil, gas, and most other boating chemicals
- Completely potted circuitry with polyurethane for weather-proof protection
- Triggered by magnetic pickup (distributor or crank trigger), breaker points distributor, or amplifier
- Tested and certified to meet or exceed USCG standards
What do you get when you add a rev limiter to the MSD’s already bullet-proof 6M-2 Marine Ignition? The MSD 6M-2L! This ignition is designed for performance marine applications where a high energy and reliable ignition is a necessity. The capacitive discharge (CD) multiple sparks from the 6-series circuitry ensures easier starting, improved performance and reduced plug fouling while idling.
The MSD 6M-2L has the same mounting footprint as the original unit, so it will easily fit into existing brackets. The proven Soft-Touch rev limiting action is set using our marine rpm modules so you’ll be able to set a rev limit exactly where your engine needs it.
The 6M-2L is built to deal with constant high rpm and load conditions unique to marine applications. To protect the 6M-2L’s electrical circuitry from direct water contact, the entire unit is potted with red polyurethane. This material prevents the electrical components from coming into contact with water or other chemicals that could cause damage. Weathertight connectors with multi-ribbed seals are unaffected by water, oil, gasoline and most other chemicals associated with boats.
The 6M-2L can be triggered by either a magnetic pickup (distributor or crank trigger), amplifier or by a breaker point distributor. The cable harness has the proper connector so you can plug the 6M-2L directly into one of MSD’s Pro-Billet Marine Distributors.
- Spark Energy: 105-115 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 460-480 volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 volts (tested with Blaster Coil)
- Spark Series Duration: 20° crankshaft rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 volts
- Voltage Required: 12-18 volts (negative ground)
- Current Draw: 1 amp per 1000 RPM
- Size: 8" Length x 3.5" Width x 2.25" Height