Ford 429-460 10 Quart Stern Drive / Jet Drive Performance Oil Pan
Marine oil pans are subject to special conditions. Closed engine compartments create a lack of air flowing around the oil pan causing higher oil temperatures, which can destroy the lubricating properties of the oil in low capacity pans. The motion of the boat in the water sloshes the oil in pans that don't have correct baffling. Air is ingested through the oil pick-up resulting in momentary loss of oil pressure. The oil is tossed into the crank, which foams and aerates it. The pounding effect of oil in the pan cause fractures in pans without reinforcement.
The design and construction of Dooley oil pans insures there are no problems, even in the roughest conditions. Here are just a few of the Dooley oil pan features:
- High capacity oil sumps
- 1/4" NPT threaded dipstick bung
- 16 gauge steel construction
- Precision oil baffles
- Block fitted and double leak checked for a perfect fit every time
- Gold iridite plated for corrosion protection
- Tig welded for maximum strength
- Oil temperature gauge bung provisions
- Precision oil pan mounted windage tray keeps rotating oil windage to a maximum for increased horsepower
- One way oil control doors ensure oil is contained at the oil pump pick-up
where it needs to be
- The dipstick is sold separately
- The oil pump pick up was designed for use with a mellings oil pump PART # M-84DHV or similar.
These oil pans offer a value unsurpassed in the marine industry today.
Don't be fooled by twenty year old technology that requires you to replace engine main fasteners to install your windage tray. All Dooley pans use state of the art pan mounted windage tray systems offering you the future in oil control.